1) User may have removed their existing FaceID
2) Biometry lockout (e.g. user made too many wrong attempts and now iOS requires to lock the screen and enter the passcode)
3) Try again with the right face (wrong Face was used or not recognized)
Level 1 Helpdesk
- Has FaceID ever worked before?
- Check if passcode is set up already (iOS does not allow to use native authenticator without a passcode)
- Have you locked out of your phone? Try locking the phone and unlocking by entering the passcode. Then try to authenticate again
- Is there a passcode setup in your device already?
- If no solution: request the user to submit a support log using their side panel in the mobile app for escalation to Level 2 helpdesk
Level 2 Helpdesk
Given the support information provided by level 1 - Identify if there are errors captured in the Audit trail for the particular DeviceID or user handle reported. The user may need to be removed from user management and may need to re-pair their workstation with their mobile app.