HYPR is FIDO Certified end-to-end, making it fully interoperable with FIDO2 and U2F Certified roaming devices for passwordless or second factor authentication. These include:
- iOS and Android smartphones whose authenticators are FIDO Certified
- Hardware security tokens that are FIDO2 or FIDO U2F Certified
- Smart Cards that are FIDO2 or FIDO U2F Certified
- Platform authenticators such as Windows Hello and Touch ID as used on Apple Macbook Pro devices
HYPR also supports CTAP. The FIDO Alliance's Client to Authenticator Protocols (CTAP1, CTAP2) specifications complement the W3C’s WebAuthn Protocol, and together these protocols enable a true passwordless experience.
- CTAP2 enables smartphones and FIDO security tokens to interface with FIDO2 web browsers and operating systems over USB, NFC, or BLE. Together these deliver 2FA, MFA, or passwordless authentication.
- CTAP1 (formerly, FIDO U2F) enables existing FIDO U2F security keys and wearables for authentication on FIDO2 browser and OS’s over USB, NFC, or BLE, but for 2FA alone.
Known Incompatibilities (October 2020)
Due to FIDO2 restrictions, certain browser and hardware combinations are incompatible with HYPR's passwordless authentication.
Unsupported Browser/OS/Security Key Combinations:
- Firefox on Windows 10 will not allow certain Yubico security keys to register/re-register (HYPR fix to come)
Unsupported Browser/OS Combinations:
- Chrome Incognito on Windows 10
- Safari on macOS
- Chrome on iOS
To learn more about how HYPR works with FIDO Certified devices, view the following videos:
HYPR YubiKey FIDO2 Passwordless Web Authentication:
HYPR Passwordless FIDO2 Web Authentication with Mobile Authenticator: